Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August Update


Hey guys. We had an awesome trip to Asia. Hundreds of Asian and American students came together for 10 days of leadership training, cross-cultural bonding, and character development. Along the way, dozens of students met the Lord. It was an amazing, stretching time for me as a teacher and as a Christian. I'd love to tell you about it, and I want to take as many people back next year as possible. For obvious reasons, I have to be a bit vague here. But if you'd like to know more, email us at thehaguefamily@gmail.com. We would love to fill you in!

In the mean time, I wanted to let you all know that Sara and I have decided to settle down for now in Junction City, OR. There is a really terrific Early Intervention program for autistic children in Eugene, and Jack has been accepted into it. We are excited to see how he progresses in this environment. He will have a teacher working only with him all the time. A 1:1 teacher/student ratio! Amazing!

We're going to stay in YWAM, working with an amazing group from Colorado Springs. Our job will be able to help coordinate a massive missions effort into Asia next year. Of course, I (Jason) will continue to speak in YWAM training schools throughout the year.

Right now, we are in Minnesota to do some fund raising, visiting and recruiting for next summer. At the end of this month (August), we'll head down to Texas, and then maybe to California, for more of the same. Let us know if you're around and want to get together. We would love to see you.

2 comments:

Amy Butler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Butler said...

I'm sure the guy in that picture is nice, but he sure looks a lot like Dexter.

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20080221/293.hall.dexter.022108.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_Morgan