Friday, August 10, 2007

Every week, huh..

Okay, okay. We'll try to update more often. Really.

Here's a quick rundown. Sara and I are still in Minnesota. And no, we weren't on the bridge.

I drove over it the week prior, and commented about the workers. it's crazy how quickly things change.

Anyway, it's been almost 5 weeks, but they've been very productive weeks. I spent 3 of them working with my two friends who own a gutter business. It was fun pretending to be a construction worker; people driving by assuming I know what I'm doing. Good times.

Now I'm working on some correspondence courses with Ecclesia College in Arkansas to finish up my degree and preparing for a teaching week down in Belize. I'll fly down to Texas and Arkansas on the 14th, then to Belize on the 19th, then back to Minnesota on the 24th. After a day of rest, we should FINALLY be pulling out to California on the 26th, set to arrive on the 28th. That should give me a breather before I fly out to Juarez for a week on September 9.

Whew. Got that? Me neither.

Sara's dad has shown some pretty remarkable improvement. He's been in the hospital for 6 or 7 weeks, but the end is in sight He's in rehab, learning to walk again with a walker, and slowly returning to solid foods. He can communicate just fine, and his mind is sharp as a tack. The doctors are just trying to figure out how to regulate his medication.

Anyway, thank you all for praying for him. We're not exactly out of the woods yet, but almost. We're hoping he can come home in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned...



The picture, by the way, is from Munsinger Gardens in St. Cloud, MN. It's Jenna, by the way. She turned 4 this summer. This will surprise some of you, but she has moved away from the princess dress thing. She's been picking out pants (provided they are "cute pants") for a few months. A welcome change in my book.

That's all for now. Be good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. We have been thinking about ya'll. I'm so glad to hear that Sara's dad is doing better. We will continue to pray.

I'm sorry to hear that Jenna's princess dress up phase is passing. Next thing you know she'll be wanting to get an iPod and driver's license. Enjoy the moments that pass so quickly.

We love you all and miss you terribly!

Monika said...

wow we're in minnesota at the same time! we should hang out this weekend. we'll be in zimmerman...not too far from big lake!