
In August, Sara and the kids joined Jason on a trip to Jaurez, Mexico where Jason was scheduled to teach in a YWAM Discipleship Training School (DTS). While Jason taught in the classroom, Sara, Emily, Jenna, and Jack read books and did crafts with "ninos" at the children's home on the base. Since most of the younger ones knew little or no English, Sara dusted off her high school Spanish, and Emily and Jenna practiced their "Dora the Explorer" phrases. ("Hola!" "Audame!" "Por Favor" and Jenna's favorite, "Hola, Soy Dora!"). Jack was well held, hugged, and kissed by all, and Jason and his students had a transforming week in the classroom.
4 comments:
As an amateur adventurer, I too have been watching Dora the Explorer ad nauseam, but have been relatively disappointed with the exposition carried in the show's commentary on exploring, as in to explore. Failing a talking map, a talking backpack, and a talking monkey guide, I guess I'll have to go buy a second-rate hobbyist book on the topic at Books-A-Million.
I have become strangely cautious of foxes, however...
Man, that show makes me feel uncomfortable-- when Dora and Boots asks a question and they sit there, looking at me, waiting for the answer, but much like sitting in Mr. Cherry's class, I wasn't paying attention, so I don't know the answer. Fortunately, they seem to take my blank stare for the correct answer and move on.
Post a Comment